Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – Tuesdays @ 7:00 p.m.
- Annisquam Village Church will be offering a 7 week course on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion starting September 21, 2021. Inspired by the Greenville 21-Day Equity Habit Building Challenge, the Food Solutions New England 21-Day Racial Equity Challenge, the United Way of Washtenaw County 21 Day Challenge, and the The Philanthropy Connection of Boston 21-Day Challenge, the course has been adapted to for the Cape Ann community by The Annisquam Village Church Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Team.
- The program, open to all and hosted on Zoom, offers participants a learning journey to examine the history and impacts of inequity in our society, particularly inequities directed against people of color and those who identify as LGBTQ. The goal of the course is to deepen our collective learning and build our consciousness using a spiritual lens about inequities in our society.
- The curriculum will include weekly self-guided exercises. On Tuesday evenings, beginning September 21 over Zoom from 7-8:15pm, Annisquam Village Church will host a live community meeting with the opportunity for discussion and reflection.
- The course will be moderated by Rev. Sue Koehler-Arsenault, pastor of the Annisquam Village Church. Topics of discussion will include:
- Week 1: Orientation
- Week 2: Understanding and Reflecting on our Bias
- Week 3: Segregation by Design
- Week 4: Health Disparities and Environmental Justice
- Week 5: Adverse Childhood Experiences
- Week 6: Race and the Criminal Justice System
- Week 7: Asset Framing and how to be an Ally