- Serving on a committee is a great way to connect with other church members while contributing to the essential operations of the church.
- Please consider volunteering your time and talent to make a difference.
We are a church of caring and connection. The Care Team offers compassionate support to the sick, those approaching the end of life, the bereaved, the caretakers, our seniors and those who live alone. We also welcome those new to our church.
- Our Associate for Pastoral Care, Rev. ElizaBeth Emery, makes visits on her frequent Prayer Walks.
- Care Team members make a commitment to pray for each person on our church prayer list.
- We lend our ears, take walks with people in need of support, make visits and phone calls, pen notes, send cards and e-mails, celebrate birthdays and assist in collations.
- We bring flowers, meals, gift baskets and balloons.
- We offer transportation to church or appointments for those without cars.
- We grocery shop for others who are unable to get out.
- The Care Team consists of 20 members, including a consultant for mental health issues.
You can also contribute to our efforts by contributing note cards, such as thinking of you, get well, birthday, sympathy, etc.
The Church Board is, in essence, the governing body of the church. It is responsible for the day-to-day management of the church as well as setting its strategic direction in collaboration with the pastor.
The Finance Committee is responsible for overseeing the financial affairs of the church in conjunction with the treasurer and assistant treasurer.
This committee oversees the preparation of the annual budget based on information provided by the church administration and other operational committees.
The Hospitality Committee ensures we have hosts for coffee hours, ensures we have ushers and greeters, and, most importantly, works to connect everyone to each other.
The Nominating Committee prepares a slate of names for election to the various church committees and recommends individuals to fill mid-term vacancies.