FAQs for Visitors
What's a Typical Sunday Service?
- Worship service is held every Sunday at 10:00 a.m. in the Sanctuary and on Zoom. The service is led by our pastor and includes prayers, hymns, readings, a sermon, and music.
- You can view past services on our YouTube channel.
- Special services are held seasonally throughout the year, including Christmas and Holy Week, and occasionally outdoors in the warmer months.
- Music is provided by the choir, instrumentalists and soloists under the direction of Kathleen Adams.
- Communion and luncheon pot-lucks are offered on alternating months.
Are Children Welcome at Sunday Service?
Children are welcome at our services.
Each week we share “A Story for the Child In All of Us.”
There is a Kid’s Corner, filled with coloring sheets and books.
In September, we will launch a new “Children’s Church.” Following the Story, children will be offered an opportunity to have their own experience with prayer, Bible stories and song.
What is Appropriate Dress for Sunday Service?
The emphasis here is on the plural, as in styles.
Some of us still wear our “Sunday best,” while others relish the opportunity to escape weekday formality and just keep it casual.
As with most things about our community, there is widespread acceptance of how others choose to express themselves.
Where can I Park?
You may park along Leonard Street on the southern side of the street facing Lobster Cove and on Washington Street in front of the church.
Is the Church Accessible to those with Mobility Challenges?
The Annisquam Village Church seeks to be fully accessible to all.
The front entrance of the church is accessible to those using wheelchairs.
A lift is available at the back entrance of the church for access to the Sanctuary and Cove Room.
What should I Expect when I Walk in the Door?
You will be warmly welcomed by greeters at the front door who will be happy to answer any questions.